- This event has passed.
Medact Meet & Greet ahead of Lucas Plan screening at MAC Birmingham
March 1 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
On March 1st, screenings are being organised up and down the country for the launch of The Plan ─ a new feature length documentary following the inspiring story of a group of workers at Lucas Aerospace in the 1970s, who, facing redundancies and industrial decline, came together to make a plan to keep jobs by using the company’s technology and their own skills to make things society needed, instead of military equipment.
At Medact, we are really excited about how campaigns such as the New Lucas plan and the Green New Deal are pushing for just transitions from arms and fossil fuel industries to more beneficial and sustainable industries ─ reshaping our economy to one that promotes health and well-being at the same time as equity and social justice.
In the run up to our #HealthJustice gathering in Birmingham on 27th-29th March, we will be hosting a meet & greet alongside the screening of The Plan at MAC Birmingham. Come along and talk to Ben from the office about the role for health workers in advocating for a just industrial transition, our new Medact Birmingham group, our upcoming conference, and how you can get involved. And if you can, stay for the film!
Ben will be around in the MAC cafe before the film starts from 1 – 2pm, and again during the interval 4 – 4.30pm. Feel free to drop by at any point for however long!
Look out for someone with leaflets – or call/text me on 07708260962 if you can’t find me!
Other launch screenings on Sunday 1st March around the UK
- Cambridge Arts Picturehouse
- Liverpool Picturehouse at FACT
- London Bertha Dochouse
- Norwich Cinema City Picturehouse
- Sheffield Showroom
For details of how to book see the cinema’s website or The Plan on Facebook
- MAC Birmingham
- Midlands Arts Centre, Cannon Hill Park
Birmingham, B12 9QH + Google Map
- 0121 446 3232
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
Responding to COVID-19
- Exploring Migrant Access to Health: Part 3 – In Conversation: Open University Lecturer Dr Kathryn Medièn talks to Patients Not Passports. July 5, 2020
- COVID-19 and economic justice: a GPs perspective July 3, 2020
- False Positives: the Prevent counter-extremism policy in healthcare July 2, 2020
- Take action to fight for Fossil-Fuel Free pensions in Dorset! July 1, 2020
On TwitterMy Tweets
Keep up to date with Medact and our campaigns.
There are lots of ways to get involved in our work.
We are first and foremost a membership organisation ─ see our Membership page to find out more about becoming a member.
- July 13 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Climate Change and Access to Healthcare in the East Midlands ─ how the health community can campaign for changeJuly 14 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- July 15 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- July 16 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm