7PM – 8:30PM BST
Join us to celebrate the publication of the sixth edition of Global Health Watch, the definitive alternative voice on health compiled by activists and academics from around the world.
Order your discounted copy from Medact
We’ll hear from speakers who contributed to this essential volume, which integrates rigorous analysis with stories of struggle and hope for radical transformation, at this once-in-a-generation moment of focus on the issue of health justice.
- Dr Chiara Bodini, co-editor of GHW
- Members of the Medact Research Network: Roman Gnaegi, Catia Confortini and Michael Orgel
- Dr Annabel Sowemimo, sexual and reproductive health doctor and founder of Decolonising Contraception
- Dr Lauren Paremoer, senior lecturer in the Political Studies Department at the University of Cape Town and member of PHM South Africa
- Rhiannon Osborne, medical student, organiser with Health for a Green New Deal and Stop Cambo, and member of People’s Health Movement UK.
Global Health Watch (GHW), now in its sixth edition, is the definitive alternative voice on health. Published since 2003, with contributions from activists and academics from around the world, GHW6 integrates rigorous analysis of the social, economic, political and environmental determinants of health with stories of struggle and hope for radical transformation.
The book has been co-produced by People’s Health Movement, Medact, Third World Network, Health Poverty Action, Medico International, ALAMES, Viva Salud and Sama.
We’re pleased to hold this event in collaboration with Health Poverty Action, People’s Health Movement UK and People’s Health Movement Scotland—please check out their work!
This event will be held on Zoom, but we are encouraging people to come together to watch and discuss the event in person, if you feel comfortable.
Medact is holding an in-person gathering to watch the event, so check the box when you register if you want to join us at our office in Hoxton.