HEALTH WORKERS AGAINST PREVENT:
PLEDGE TO TAKE ACTION ON PREVENT IN HEALTHCARE
Our primary objective as health workers is the duty of care to the patient in front of us.
Government policies like Prevent jeopardise this duty and consequently public health.
Together as health workers and members of the health community, our duty of care is to challenge any and all attempts at making caring professions into an arm of the Home Office or police.
WE PLEDGE TO:
- Work towards healthcare which centres health and wellbeing, and prioritises confidentiality and trust
- Actively work against the expansion of securitisation policies and practices within healthcare
- Challenge the Prevent policy within healthcare
- Educate our colleagues about the harms of policies such as Prevent.
Watch our latest Alternative Training on Prevent...
Watch & share our most recent Alternative Training on Prevent in Healthcare on envisioning transformative safeguarding.
PLEDGE TO OPPOSE PREVENT IN HEALTHCARE
- Hiroshima Day Appeal 2022 - August 3, 2022
- Why there’s no room for population arguments in our radical public health analysis - May 27, 2022
- Global Health Watch 6 – in the shadow of the pandemic - May 26, 2022