The following letter was sent this week on behalf of all those from members of IPPNW gathered at the York Health Through Peace Congress to British Prime Minister Theresa May, as well as her Defence Secretary Michael Fallon, and International Trade Secretary Liam Fox.
The letter challenges their support of the Defence and Security Equipment International arms fare, which is being held at the Excel Centre in London. The DSEI is one of the world’s largest international arms fare, and is held in London every two years.
The DIT Ministerial Correspondence Unit sent a response to the letter on 6 October 2017.
- More info about DSEI from Campaign Against the Arms Trade
- Resources from Health Through Peace 2017 will be available soon on the conference page
- Support our work to develop the medical peace movement by donating to the Health Through Peace Appeal
Latest posts by Medact Staff (see all)
- Scottish health professionals call on Glasgow City Council not to support arms fairs - June 25, 2018
- Healthcare shouldn’t be a hostile environment… - December 13, 2017
- MCS review of A Safer World – Treating Britain’s harmful dependence on nuclear weapons - October 30, 2017