Ray Acheson is the Director of Reaching Critical Will, the disarmament programme of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom. Among other things, she researches and writes about gender and disarmament issues, highlighting and exploring the gendered impacts of and gendered discourse about weapons. She has written about gender and nuclear weapons, armed drones, the arms trade, explosive weapons, and small arms. She led WILPF’s campaign to include gender-based violence in the 2013 Arms Trade Treaty and works to promote a nonviolent feminist approach to disarmament and conflict.
- Healthcare shouldn’t be a hostile environment… December 13, 2017
- The Chancellor has a chance to protect children’s lungs in his budget this month. Let’s make sure it happens. November 1, 2017
- MCS review of A Safer World – Treating Britain’s harmful dependence on nuclear weapons October 30, 2017
- Why a complete ban on nuclear weapons is important, as is the NPT Review Conference in 2020 October 30, 2017
On TwitterMy Tweets
Keep up to date with Medact and our campaigns.
- May 17, 2018 - May 19, 2018