Ray Acheson is the Director of Reaching Critical Will, the disarmament programme of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom. Among other things, she researches and writes about gender and disarmament issues, highlighting and exploring the gendered impacts of and gendered discourse about weapons. She has written about gender and nuclear weapons, armed drones, the arms trade, explosive weapons, and small arms. She led WILPF’s campaign to include gender-based violence in the 2013 Arms Trade Treaty and works to promote a nonviolent feminist approach to disarmament and conflict.
- Scottish National Party votes in favour of raising enlistment age to 18 October 13, 2017
- Refugee Solidarity Group advocates for Patients not Passports – No borders in the NHS October 9, 2017
- Nobel Peace Prize Statement – ICAN UK – 6 October 2017 October 6, 2017
- Sick of bad hospital food? 5 steps you can take October 5, 2017
On TwitterMy Tweets
Keep up to date with Medact and our campaigns.
- October 17
- October 18 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- November 13 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- May 17, 2018 - May 19, 2018