Carlos Umana is President of IPPNW Costa Rica. A former health manager with the Costa Rican Ministry of Health, his medical background includes work in primary care and specialized care as a resident in obstetrics and gynecology. Aside from his medical background, he has also studied Fine Arts at the University of Costa Rica and currently works as a medical translator and visual artist. Dr. Umana has worked closely with the Costa Rican Ministry of Foreign Affairs and with other local, regional and global organizations for nuclear disarmament.
- Healthcare shouldn’t be a hostile environment… December 13, 2017
- The Chancellor has a chance to protect children’s lungs in his budget this month. Let’s make sure it happens. November 1, 2017
- MCS review of A Safer World – Treating Britain’s harmful dependence on nuclear weapons October 30, 2017
- Why a complete ban on nuclear weapons is important, as is the NPT Review Conference in 2020 October 30, 2017
On TwitterMy Tweets
Keep up to date with Medact and our campaigns.
- May 17, 2018 - May 19, 2018