Alice Bell is Head of Communications at the climate charity 10:10, with responsibility for media strategy, supporter engagement, profile raising and outreach. Alice previously worked as an academic and writer specialising in the politics of science, technology and medicine. She has degrees in history of science, sociology of education, and science communication. She’s also lectured in science communication at Imperial and set up an interdisciplinary undergraduate course on climate change for the college. She was Head of Public Engagement at Sussex’s Science Policy Research Unit and has taught at UCL and City University’s Journalism School. As a journalist, she’s written for a range of publications including the Guardian, Open Democracy, the Observer, the Times, Times Higher, Research Fortnight, Al Jazeera, China Dialogue, Red Pepper and the Wellcome Trust’s Mosaic magazine. As a student she worked part-time at the Science Museum and, if you ask nicely, will tell you how to set fire to bubbles.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)