A fundraiser organised by grassroots activists, Sounds of Solidarity brings together new music and passionate speakers to East London to fundraise for Migrants Organise, Atlantic Pacific and Channel Rescue.
Hosted by Ben Smoke, the night will start with inspiring speakers and soulful tracks to bring you into the week, with a relaxed lounge area upstairs for networking. Later on we’ll turn up the tempo for those of you keen for a mid week dance!
- Hassan Akkad, bestselling author of Hope not Fear, photographer, filmmaker, refugee rights activist and NHS frontline hero,
- Nadia Whittome, MP for Nottingham,
- Seán Binder, Free Humanitarians campaigner, law student, search & rescuer currently on trial as part of the criminalisation of solidarity across Europe,
- Byulah, South-East London soulful singer, multi-instrumentalist & writer,
- SCORS, ‘subsonic slinky jangle jazz’, or ’Tubular Lounge Rock’,
- Shivum Sharma, Indian-Irish singer, songwriter, producer and DJ from South London,
& more TBA!
Channel Rescue is a grassroots organisation holding authorities to account in their duty to uphold the human rights of those crossing the channel, advocating for safe passage and progressive legislation around refugees and migrants making journeys across. The organisation documents landings, acts as legal observers, and provides immediate support to those making the crossing and recently arrived people.
Migrants Organise are a grassroots organising platform organising for dignity and justice for all migrants and refugees.
Atlantic Pacific are an international rescue boat project providing lifeboats where there are none.