- This event has passed.
Sounds of Solidarity Fundraiser
Tuesday 1st March @ 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm£10
A fundraiser organised by grassroots activists, Sounds of Solidarity brings together new music and passionate speakers to East London to fundraise for Migrants Organise, Atlantic Pacific and Channel Rescue.
Hosted by Ben Smoke, the night will start with inspiring speakers and soulful tracks to bring you into the week, with a relaxed lounge area upstairs for networking. Later on we’ll turn up the tempo for those of you keen for a mid week dance!
- Hassan Akkad, bestselling author of Hope not Fear, photographer, filmmaker, refugee rights activist and NHS frontline hero,
- Nadia Whittome, MP for Nottingham,
- Seán Binder, Free Humanitarians campaigner, law student, search & rescuer currently on trial as part of the criminalisation of solidarity across Europe,
- Byulah, South-East London soulful singer, multi-instrumentalist & writer,
- SCORS, ‘subsonic slinky jangle jazz’, or ’Tubular Lounge Rock’,
- Shivum Sharma, Indian-Irish singer, songwriter, producer and DJ from South London,
& more TBA!
- Tuesday 1st March
7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- External, Social
- Hiroshima Day Appeal 2022 August 3, 2022
- Blueprint for nuclear disarmament: The First Meeting of Nuclear Weapons Ban Treaty July 8, 2022
- STOP the Silvertown Tunnel – letter from London Health Workers July 4, 2022
- The joy of collaboration: Writing for Global Health Watch 6 June 29, 2022
Keep up to date with Medact and our campaigns.
There are lots of ways to get involved in our work.
We are first and foremost a membership organisation ─ see our Membership page to find out more about becoming a member.