In line with our group vision we see the reading group as a space where we can unlearn and challenge internalised racism, expand our anti-racist skills, encourage curiosity and openness, and to reflect on bringing this learning into our working and campaigning lives.
For the first group, we will discuss and critique a short article on a medical leadership body’s stance on racism in their organisation.
We will discuss how we relate personally to their ideas and language, and what we would like to see from our own “leaders”.
Practicalities and accessibility
- We will circulate our group ground rules when you sign up, and ask that you only join us if you are happy to commit to these principles.
- Please read the article ahead of the reading group. If you would like an audio version, or to read it collectively with others before the group, please email us ─ [email protected]
- We expect most attendees will be people working in healthcare, but the group is open to all.
- The reading group will be on Zoom – we will run through logistics at the start of the meeting, but if you are new to Zoom there is a user guide here. The Zoom application will download automatically when you click on a meeting link for the first time.
- We can provide captioning and/or BSL interpreting, please email us & we’ll arrange
- You are welcome to have your camera on or off, and to eat during the session, but please do come willing to contribute to the discussion!
- We will have a scheduled break half way through.
- We will cap numbers in order to have a small and active discussion.
- Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to support you to attend.
Please RSVP below to join ─ or if you have any questions about the session, please email [email protected]
If you are unable to join this session, please do join our mailing list to hear about future groups.
The event is now full but you can add your name to the waitlist using the form below and we’ll let you know if a space opens up