- This event has passed.
Emergency Protest – UK Doctors & Nurses in Solidarity With Syria
Saturday 17th December, 2016 @ 2:00 pm
Healthcare workers of the UK: grab your uniforms and activate the power of your voice. The bloodshed must stop now.
Join Medact for a solidarity action at Parliament Square next Saturday. We hope to add our voices to the demands of the Syrian and the international humanitarian and medical community for the following:
1. End both indiscriminate and targeted attacks on civilians, hospitals and schools across Syria;
2. Pressure the Syrian government to allow delivery of aid to besieged cities in Syria;
3. Demand the UK government conduct airdrops of aid;
4. Provide safe passage to all trapped including the remaining 100,000 people in Aleppo;
5. Grant asylum to refugees.
The protest is being organised by Medact’s Arms & Militarisation group (MAM) in collaboration with Syria solidarity activist groups. All are welcome.
Saturday 17th December, at 2pm
Parliament Square, London SW1P 3JX
Bring your scrubs/uniform and stethoscopes.
See the Facebook page for more details.