This year’s Annual General Meeting will be held on Saturday 15th July, from 10.30am – 2.30pm, at St. Luke’s Community Centre, 90 Central St, London EC1V 8AJ.
The AGM is the business meeting of Medact and serves three main functions:
- A chance for members to receive an update and ask questions about the last year of Medact’s work and our future plans;
- Election of new members to the Board of Trustees;
- Voting on motions.
Following the main business, we will break for lunch, and then return for presentations on specific areas of programme work. The AGM is a good chance to meet Board members and office staff.
All are welcome, but only Medact members are eligible to vote.
Lunch will not be provided but there is a cafe on-site and other outlets nearby.
- Welcome and update from Chair and Director
- Election of new trustees and scrutiny of annual accounts
- An update on the UN Nuclear Weapons Ban Treaty – with Medact Trustee Frank Boulton and Acronym Institute Director Rebecca Johnson (who will have just returned from negotiations in New York)
- A chance to hear about our thriving Doctors Against Diesel campaign
If you wish to submit a motion, please contact the office by telephone 0207 324 4739 or email [email protected].
The Board are currently conducting interviews with a number of candidates for new trustees. Details of those proposed will be posted here when known.