Medact Research Manager, Dr Hilary Aked, recently led a training session giving supporters the know-how to make effective Freedom of Information requests, which can form a useful part of many campaigns for social justice.
This is a recording of the presentation they gave at the training session.
The presentation includes:
- What information the FOI Act entitles you to, and from whom
- The ways public bodies are legally obliged to help you find information
- How to draft an effective request and avoid cost exemptions
- How to appeal against unjustified disclosure refusals, including arguing the public interest case
- Why there’s no room for population arguments in our radical public health analysis - May 27, 2022
- Global Health Watch 6 — in the shadow of the pandemic - May 26, 2022
- Pledge: Health workers against prevent - May 4, 2022