Medact Research Manager, Dr Hilary Aked, recently led a training session giving supporters the know-how to make effective Freedom of Information requests, which can form a useful part of many campaigns for social justice.
This is a recording of the presentation they gave at the training session.
The presentation includes:
- What information the FOI Act entitles you to, and from whom
- The ways public bodies are legally obliged to help you find information
- How to draft an effective request and avoid cost exemptions
- How to appeal against unjustified disclosure refusals, including arguing the public interest case
- Health Versus Wealth? UK economic policy and public health during COVID-19 - February 16, 2021
- The pandemic has pulled us apart… but health workers are coming together to advance just & equitable ways through this crisis - January 24, 2021
- Health & Climate Justice at COP 26 - December 7, 2020