Medact Research Manager, Dr Hilary Aked, recently led a training session giving supporters the know-how to make effective Freedom of Information requests, which can form a useful part of many campaigns for social justice.
This is a recording of the presentation they gave at the training session.
The presentation includes:
- What information the FOI Act entitles you to, and from whom
- The ways public bodies are legally obliged to help you find information
- How to draft an effective request and avoid cost exemptions
- How to appeal against unjustified disclosure refusals, including arguing the public interest case
- Campaign and Programme Lead: Economic Justice @ Medact - September 23, 2021
- Serious violence measures in the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts (PCSC) Bill undermine public health - September 8, 2021
- Medact & nuclear power: considering our position - August 19, 2021