Medact Research Manager, Dr Hilary Aked, recently led a training session giving supporters the know-how to make effective Freedom of Information requests, which can form a useful part of many campaigns for social justice.
This is a recording of the presentation they gave at the training session.
The presentation includes:
- What information the FOI Act entitles you to, and from whom
- The ways public bodies are legally obliged to help you find information
- How to draft an effective request and avoid cost exemptions
- How to appeal against unjustified disclosure refusals, including arguing the public interest case
- Statement by Medact on the arrest of Dr Şebnem Korur Fincancı - November 8, 2022
- Hiroshima Day Appeal 2022 - August 3, 2022
- Why there’s no room for population arguments in our radical public health analysis - May 27, 2022