This group has been working on medical complicity in torture, and was instrumental in producing a report on such complicity in five countries (United States, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, Italy and Israel). Members of the group also work on the denial of care to people held in UK detention centres, and on the full and proper assessment of refugees and asylum seekers who have fled from torture and persecution. The group is in contact with the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture. The convener of this group is Dr Frank Arnold.
- Patients Not Passports – challenging healthcare charging in the NHS April 9, 2019
- Ask the Royal College of Physicians to stop investing in fossil fuels March 28, 2019
- Call on East Riding of Yorkshire County Council and East Riding of Yorkshire County Council Pension Fund Committee to go #FossilFree March 26, 2019
- DWP not Fit for Practice March 19, 2019
On TwitterMy Tweets
Keep up to date with Medact and our campaigns.
- April 25 @ 7:30 pm
Fighting Blood Coal and Blood Mines: In solidarity with communities impacted by Anglo American miningApril 30 @ 12:00 pm - 2:40 pm
- May 9 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm