This group has been working on medical complicity in torture, and was instrumental in producing a report on such complicity in five countries (United States, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, Italy and Israel). Members of the group also work on the denial of care to people held in UK detention centres, and on the full and proper assessment of refugees and asylum seekers who have fled from torture and persecution. The group is in contact with the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture. The convener of this group is Dr Frank Arnold.
- Leading UK Public Health body ends investment in fossil fuel industry December 10, 2018
- Economic Deprivation and Health – Have Your Say December 5, 2018
- British Psychological Society divests from gas, oil and coal November 13, 2018
- The risks of US abrogation of the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty on the centenary of WW1 November 11, 2018
On TwitterMy Tweets
Keep up to date with Medact and our campaigns.
- December 11 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- December 17 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- December 18 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- January 16, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm