This group has been working on medical complicity in torture, and was instrumental in producing a report on such complicity in five countries (United States, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, Italy and Israel). Members of the group also work on the denial of care to people held in UK detention centres, and on the full and proper assessment of refugees and asylum seekers who have fled from torture and persecution. The group is in contact with the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture. The convener of this group is Dr Frank Arnold.
- The UK Government must stand up for the rights of Sudanese protesters and healthcare workers January 23, 2019
- Stop Funding the End of the World – Don’t Bank on the Bomb January 21, 2019
- Fighting for intergenerational justice – midwives can be climate champions January 17, 2019
- When all we have is ourselves – a reflection of non-violent direct action in social justice movements December 21, 2018
On TwitterMy Tweets
Keep up to date with Medact and our campaigns.
- February 21 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- February 27 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- February 28 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- March 6 @ 12:00 am