This group has been working on medical complicity in torture, and was instrumental in producing a report on such complicity in five countries (United States, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, Italy and Israel). Members of the group also work on the denial of care to people held in UK detention centres, and on the full and proper assessment of refugees and asylum seekers who have fled from torture and persecution. The group is in contact with the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture. The convener of this group is Dr Frank Arnold.
Responding to COVID-19
- Exploring Migrant Access to Health: Part 3 – In Conversation: Open University Lecturer Dr Kathryn Medièn talks to Patients Not Passports. July 5, 2020
- COVID-19 and economic justice: a GPs perspective July 3, 2020
- False Positives: the Prevent counter-extremism policy in healthcare July 2, 2020
- Take action to fight for Fossil-Fuel Free pensions in Dorset! July 1, 2020
On TwitterMy Tweets
Keep up to date with Medact and our campaigns.
There are lots of ways to get involved in our work.
We are first and foremost a membership organisation ─ see our Membership page to find out more about becoming a member.
- July 7 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- July 7 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- July 7 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- July 8 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm