This group has been working on medical complicity in torture, and was instrumental in producing a report on such complicity in five countries (United States, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, Italy and Israel). Members of the group also work on the denial of care to people held in UK detention centres, and on the full and proper assessment of refugees and asylum seekers who have fled from torture and persecution. The group is in contact with the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture. The convener of this group is Dr Frank Arnold.
Responding to COVID-19
- Protecting renters now can help us minimise a second covid-19 wave September 18, 2020
- Emergency Preparedness ─ COVID-19 was a failure, just imagine the fallout from a nuclear war September 15, 2020
- Divest North Yorkshire Pension Fund from Fossil Fuels! September 4, 2020
- Action Call: Housing & public health ─ the eviction crisis in the time of COVID-19 September 3, 2020
On TwitterMy Tweets
Keep up to date with Medact and our campaigns.
There are lots of ways to get involved in our work.
We are first and foremost a membership organisation ─ see our Membership page to find out more about becoming a member.
- September 23 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- September 24 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- September 25
- October 8 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm