- This event has passed.
IPPNW Concert with Yo-Yo Ma
Saturday 25th September @ 11:59 pm
Greater Boston PSR (GBPSR) and International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War (IPPNW) are pleased to host our fourth annual event to address the twin existential threats of nuclear war and climate change. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the special event will be streamed live on-line, beginning at 7:00pm EST, on Saturday, September 25th, 2021.
This year’s event will honour the work of GBPSR and IPPNW co-founder Dr. Bernard Lown, who, together with Dr. Evgeny Chazov of the Soviet Union, accepted the 1985 Nobel Peace Prize on IPPNW’s behalf. The event will feature live music from world-renowned cellist Yo-Yo Ma and chamber musicians from the Longwood Symphony Orchestra. Yo-Yo Ma personally knew and greatly admired and respected the work of Dr. Lown.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
Responding to COVID-19
- Access to healthcare during a pandemic – a nurse’s perspective October 26, 2021
- Prevention, not punishment: why health workers must resist the policing bill October 18, 2021
- “You Must Act” — a message to world leaders from the doctors of Scotland ahead of COP 26 September 30, 2021
- Serious violence measures in the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts (PCSC) Bill undermine public health September 8, 2021
On TwitterMy Tweets
Keep up to date with Medact and our campaigns.
There are lots of ways to get involved in our work.
We are first and foremost a membership organisation ─ see our Membership page to find out more about becoming a member.