Medact is looking for a freelance fundraiser over a six month period to secure funds essential to our stability, and to support us with our fundraising strategy.
Medact supports the health community to work together towards a world in which everyone can truly achieve and exercise their human right to health. We’re a member-led organisation, and our members are made up of a range of people who work in health including nurses, doctors, midwives, and clinical researchers. We cover some of the most pressing national and global threats to health and wellbeing including climate change; human rights abuses; violent conflict; and rising inequality.
- Provide consistent fundraising support over a period of six months to stabilise organisational finances as we transition into new leadership
- Prepare and submit applications for both restricted and unrestricted funding, primarily through grants and trust fundraising
- Develop funding proposals with appropriate input from stakeholders in the team
- Write and submit funding applications to charitable trusts
- Bring your expertise, connections and creative thinking to exploring new avenues for fundraising, with a focus on grants and trusts
- Manage overall coordination and management of fundraising activity
- Provide budgets for applications
- Provide information about projects and work areas as needed for applications
- Work with you to develop and agree clear work plan setting out expectations and deliverables for all parties during the contract, including expected number of applications / grant submissions.
- You have the experience, skills and connections to take the lead on research and applications, with input from team and board members
- You have a proven track record in securing restricted and unrestricted grant and trust funding for charities, ideally those with a social justice or campaigning focus
- You have some experience with other types of fundraising such as individual giving, legacy giving or major donors (not essential)
- You can commit to providing sustained, consistent support over a period of six months while we recruit and onboard a new Executive Director
- You can attend regular meetings with stakeholders from the team
Our budget for this project is £9000 – £11,000 (incl. VAT)
How to apply
If you are interested, please email [email protected] and include:
- Why this role interests you and a short description of how you would approach it
- Details of the specific skills you can bring
- Estimated costings, including number and frequency of days work on the project
- Some samples of past work
- Your availability from now until April/May 2024
There is no deadline for this role, we will review applications as they arrive and arrange an informal chat with candidates. If you are planning to apply, please do let us know via email so that we ensure we speak to all interested candidates.
Competitive pricing will be taken into account when we choose between candidates but will not be the sole deciding factor. We also invite applications with adjusted deliverables and/or budgets if this project is not feasible within your day rate.