We are looking to commission a skilled freelancer graphic designer to design and lay-out three small booklets targeting health workers to inform them about key issues relating to the intersections of economic justice and health.
Our Economic Justice & Health issue group is researching and writing short briefings on three core issues in order to build power and campaign on them: housing, liveable incomes, and tax justice. We need someone to create visually-appealing designs and lay out the content in a way that is easily digestible and accessible.
To ensure the best reach of this content, we also wish to commission several social media graphics that are visually appealing and stylised to accompany each of the three publications, getting across the key messages.
We’re keen to hear from people with experience of working with similar people-powered progressive projects. And we’re especially keen to work with people marginalised communities affected by issues of economic injustice including People of Colour, disabled people or people with marginalised gender identities.
- Design and layout of three 4-page A5 booklets
- Help identify and deliver ways to make the content digestible and accessible
- Draft visual identity and publication wireframes for feedback
- 6-9 illustrated/stylised social media graphics (2-3 per topic)
- Print-ready and web PDF format files
Please note the changes to the schedule for this project:
- Deadline for applications: 14th October (however, we may award the work to the same person selected for another design brief, ‘Kill The Bill briefing publication and graphics‘, for which the deadline is 29th September)
- We will respond to the selected designer: 15th October
- Work start date: 21nd/22rd October
- Delivery deadline: Within the week beginning 23rd October, for a launch in the first half of November
If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- a couple sentences about why the project interests you / how you would approach it
- details of which specific skills you can bring
- estimated costings (relative to our total budget of around ~£1k)
- some samples of past work
We also invite applications with adjusted deliverables and/or budgets if this project is not feasible within your day rate.
N.B. We are also seeking a graphic designer for a similar project on the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill – if you have capacity to deliver both these projects in the timeframes required, please consider applying for both at the same time.